Babies and bags are w hat I do.
I am a Army wife, a stay at home mother of six, who runs a home business of sewing purses.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Favorite Friday

I will be doing a favorite recipe each Friday, or one that I have tried recently.

This year my church doesn't start until 1pm and lasts about 3 hours. Needless to say we are all hungry when we get home. I have found that crock pot meals are wonderful. I did need to go get a new one, my old one was small and old. I love my new one. It can hold 3times what the old one could and with a big family that has been great.



Now on to tadays recipe

Tortilla Soup

3-4 Chicken breasts
2 can 14 oz black beans or 1 can each black beans and kidney beans
2 can Mexican stewed tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce 14 oz
1 c salsa
1 can chopped chilies
Tortilla chips
Cheese

Combine first 6 ingredients in crook pot on high for 4 hours or low 8 hours

Shred chicken before serving
Serve with chips and cheese
You can also drain juice and make chicken tacos.

With the size of my crew I have to double this.


Enjoy

1 comment:

Della Hill said...

We have 4 wards meeting in our building this year and we are the last one.
This means that we meet from 3 until 6.
We are starving when we get home so I have been trying out crockpot meals too.
That recipe sounds like something I would love, but I'm not sure if I could get everyone else to eat it.
It's worth a try.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin