Babies and bags are w hat I do.
I am a Army wife, a stay at home mother of six, who runs a home business of sewing purses.

Friday, May 1, 2009

100 % Whole Wheat Waffles

You know I love my man if I will make waffles from scratch, that take multiple bowls. But they are good.

100% Whole Wheat Waffles

2 c ground whole wheat flour
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt
2 egg yolks
2 c Rice milk
3/4 c Applesauce/safflower oil(use half of each to make the 3/4 cup)
2 egg whites

In a large mixing bowl mix Flour, baking powder and salt. in small bowl beat eggs with a fork. Beat in rice milk and applesauce/safflower oil. Add to flour mixture and mix until slightly lumpy.
In a small mixing bowl beat egg whites with mixer till stiff peaks form. Gently fold in egg whites. Do not over mix.
Pour batter in to hot greased waffle Iron.
Makes 6-7 Belgian waffles

I enjoy these also and the kids will eat them which is a big plus. They are great with fresh sliced strawberry.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin